Fellows are selected for the program approximately 7-10 months before the start date of July 1; and are chosen on the strength of prior training, demonstrated clinical competence, and potential for an academic career in hematology and medical oncology bench and/or clinical research. We have three slots available for the July 1, 2018 start date.
Applications are only being accepted through ERAS (Electronic Residency Application Service) starting July 1, 2017 for the July 1, 2018 start date. All applications and supporting materials should be submitted online or mailed to ERAS no later than July 31, 2017.
Selected applicants will be invited to interview with faculty members in the Emory Department of Hematology and Medical Oncology. We will begin interviewing in September and complete interviews by end of October 2017.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Personal Statement - Please describe your career goals.
- Official Medical School Transcript (photocopy is acceptable)
- Official Medical School Dean's Letter (photocopy is acceptable)
- Visa or Green Card if non-US citizen (photocopy is acceptable after you have been offered a Fellowship position)
- USMLE, or equivalent, score report (photocopy is acceptable) - You must pass all steps prior to admission to fellowship.
- ECFMG form if foreign medical school graduate (photocopy is acceptable)
Three letters of recommendation from faculty/attending familiar with your current experience (letters should be written within 6 months of your application) are required.
International Medical Graduates interested in a fellowship must be certified by the ECFMG and enter the training program on a J-1 or H-1B1 visa, unless a citizen of the United States or holding an Alien Registration Card or EAD. All such documentation must be verified by Emory's Graduate Medical Education Office before the resident starts in the training program.
For information on J-1 visas, visit the ECFMG website for further information. For information on H-1B1 visas, visit Emory University's International Student and Scholar Services.